- CHANNEL SHIFTS: The shrinking need for smaller households to do weekly bulk trips threatens the long-term relevance of big-box formats, to the benefit of residential small-box stores.
- SUPPLY CHAIN FLEXIBILITY: As retailers build out delivery capacities, consumers will increasingly see fast and flexible delivery as a table stake.
- DELIVERY INTERMEDIARIES AS A NEW CHANNEL: Delivery intermediaries will make grocery ecommerce more ubiquitous, raising shopper expectations around service availability and fast fulfillment.
- BUYING GROUP PROFESSIONALIZATION: Shoppers will initially benefit from downward pressure mainly on A brand CPG ranges. Longer term, reduced competition in the marketplace might lead to a growing shopper preference of discounters.
- ACCELERATING INNOVATION CYCLES: Consumers will expect brands to tailor products to new trends faster, including in niche categories.
- SOCIAL COMMERCE: Consumers will benefit from new and more interactive ways to discover, engage with, purchase and recommend products.
- DIRECT-TO-COMMERCE MODELS: D2C will empower consumers to directly engage with brands, providing rich data for CPGs from their most loyal shoppers for future innovation.
- CROSS-BORDER ECOMMERCE: Shoppers are set to benefit from more international competition, with new brands being introduced and downward pressure on prices in many categories.
- PREDICTIVE COMMERCE: Consumers giving away personal data for the promise of progressively relevant shopping experiences will have browsing and decision-making empowered by retailers.
DIGITAL COMMERCE, DECODED.
<DEFINE/> Plan your retail strategy with market intelligence and forecasting
<DEMYSTIFY/> Optimize your digital shelf execution to drive margin and sales growth online
<DELIVER/> Monitor online performance and results in sales and market share
Understand what’s happening in retail and equip yourself to make the next winning move.
Our client engagement team is standing by with world-class retail insights and solutions to meet your unique state of business. Email us at email@example.com.
DOWNLOAD OUR FULL FUTURE RETAIL DISRUPTION REPORT
Fill out the form below to download our full Future Retail Disruption Report, which includes a deep-dive on the drivers of ecommerce change, the strategies brands and retailers need to win, case studies from market leaders and innovators and more.