Please note that this Cookies Policy may be updated at any time without notice by posting a
revised version on our website(s). Every time you wish to use our website(s), please check
this Cookies Policy to ensure that you are aware of any changes.
When you visit our website(s), we use “cookie” technology try to make that experience simple, personalised and meaningful. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or any similar device you use to access the internet e.g. smart phone, tablet or other mobile device when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about your use of the website. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website and will last for longer.
- create a specific log-in session for a visitor to our website(s) in order that page requests by that visitor are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner;
- recognise when a visitor to our website(s) has visited before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to our website(s) and allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of our website(s);
- collect statistical information about how our visitors use our website(s) so that we can improve our website(s) and learn which parts are most popular to visitors.
- store your product selections to the shopping basket; and
- gather information through our advertising partners, about the pages on our website(s) that you visit, and also other information about other websites that you visit, so as to place you in an “interest segment”. This information is then used to serve interest- based advertisements which it is believed will be targeted to your interests. For more information about this type of interest based advertising, and about how to turn this feature off please visit http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/ or follow the link to the website of our advertising partners shown below. Without these cookies, advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and to your interests.
Some of the cookies used on our website(s) are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on our website(s) you may not be able to take full advantage of our website(s) if you do so.
You can find more information about the main cookies we use and what we use these for here.
Third party cookies
Certain cookies are either set by third parties on our website(s) or these are set by us using the third parties cookie code, mostly to provide web analytics and intelligence about our sites and which may also be used to provide measurement services and target ads. These companies use programming code to collect information about your interactions, such as the pages you visit, the links you click on and how long you visit our sites. More information about cookies placed by third parties and how to restrict or block their cookies can be accessed by following the link to their website. In addition to cookies, tracking gifs may be set by us or third parties. Tracking gifs are small image files within the content of our site or the body of our newsletters so we or third parties can understand which parts of our website(s) are visited or whether particular content is of interest.